|Job Type||Full Time - Permanent|
|Package||$55,700 per annum|
At NGSC, our aim is to always be innovative and engaging for our community - and we need like-minded people to join us! We operate on a Google platform, have implemented Activity Based Working, and where possible use cloud-based systems. This improves efficiency and allows our employees to undertake their roles effectively whether in the office or in the community.
About this role
This position provides mechanical service involving the repair, servicing and maintenance of Council’s plant, equipment and vehicle fleet. Plant includes heavy commercials, earthmoving, agricultural equipment, light fleet and ancillary items.
- Undertake routine servicing maintenance and repairs to all plant equipment as reported on the plant daily inspection checklist/fault report after consultation with Supervisor Plant and Mechanical Workshops
- Ensure collection and collation of all daily plant checklists and schedule maintenance in accordance with checklists and Workshop Program to ensure all plant is safe and operational
- Assist in the management and maintenance of service records for Northern Grampians plant and equipment
- Assist in preparation and scheduling of preventative maintenance for all Council owned plant and instruct drivers, plant operators and other employees on routine inspection and servicing of vehicles, plant and equipment entrusted to their care, reporting problems to the Supervisor
- Recommend jobs to be undertaken by outside contractors if unable to complete jobs in-house to Supervisor
- Provide technical advice regarding specifications and assessments for plant purchases as required
- Perform risk assessments on new and existing plant and equipment
- Ensure work performed complies with Council standards, appropriate Australian Design Rules (ADR) and VicRoads regulation
- Interpret manuals and software to identify spare parts and liaise with the Supervisor in regard to parts ordering
- Correctly use and maintain all personal protective clothing and equipment supplied by Council
- Be available to attend out of hours’ breakdowns and vehicle retrievals, if required
- Perform, as directed, other duties that are within the limits of the incumbents’ skill, competence and training.
- Trade qualified Mechanic with some trade experience
- Demonstrated experience in the service and repair of plant and machinery
- Ability to operate effectively in a team, contributing positively to team operations and working relationships in a friendly and flexible manner.
- Demonstrated commitment to OH&S
How to apply
- Download and read the position description.
- Attach a cover letter, resume and address the 'selection criteria' in the Questions section of this page, a review of which will form part of the hiring panel's shortlisting process.
- Submit your application by following the process on this page.
If you'd like to know more contact Sara Smith, Coordinator People and Culture at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 03 5358 8700.
Applications close 9.00am Monday 28th September 2020.
Northern Grampians Shire Council is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer